Show mobile menu
Show search control
Show search control
Search Site

I have purchased, inherited or sold a property that is not my main residence

If you have purchased or inherited a property that you will not be living in you will need to tell us so that we can set up an account for you. 

The best way to report a change of ownership is through our High Peak 'My Account' service. Registration is easy, simply click on the link below. You will also be able to view personalised council tax information online once you've received a reference number. If you already have an account with us, you can also log in here.

Once your account has been created, you will need to complete a 'Change of ownership' form within it.

To report a change without an account, click on the button below. Please note that you won't be able to view bills online if you choose this method.

If you think you may be entitled to any discounts  / exemptions on the property you can find out more information on our discounts and exemptions page.