As tenants of a property owned by the council you have certain responsibilities for some repairs around the home yourself.
Report an Emergency repair by calling 0345 129 8075.
If your emergency is life threatening you should call the emergency services on 999
Other ways to report a repair
- Email (24 hours a day non-emergencies only)
- Telephone: 0345 129 8075 (Monday to Friday 8am - 6pm)
- Out of Hours - Emergency Repairs: 0345 129 7777
- In person: call into one of our receptions during office hours:
- Municipal Buildings, Glossop, Derbyshire, SK13 8AF - Monday to Friday 9.00am to 4.30pm
- Buxton Town Hall, Market Place, Buxton, Derbyshire, SK17 6EL - Monday to Friday 9.00am to 4.30pm
- Gamesley Neighbourhood Office, 34 Winster Mews, Gamesley, SK13 0LU - Monday to Friday 9.00am to 4.30pm. Closed for lunch 12.30pm to 1.15pm
What happens when you report a repair?
Repairs are prioritised according to the type of work that is needed:
- priority 1 - emergency repair within 24 hours
- priority 2 - urgent repair within 7 days
- priority 3 - non urgent repair within 3 calendar weeks
- priority 4 - planned repairs within 16 calendar weeks
You will be offered an appointment and can choose from four appointment slots - all day, morning, afternoon or avoid school run (10am to 2pm)
If you fail to keep your appointment we may charge you the full cost and cancel the appointment.
In some cases we may need to inspect a fault you have reported. If this is the case we will make an appointment with you for either a trades person or a surveyor to call and inspect the problem and if any work is required we will notify you when this work will be carried out.
Damp, Condensation and Mould
Condensation is probably the biggest cause of damp in homes. A lot of information andto help tenants identify and reduce condensation as well treating the mould growth often associated with it.
We know that many people like to make alterations and improvements to their homes to suit the needs of their household that we can't fund. So that we can ensure that these improvements don't cause problems in the future, we do ask you to get written permission before.