Show mobile menu
Show search control
Show search control
Search Site

Resident concessionary parking scheme

Information about our concessionary parking scheme for High Peak residents.

What is a residents' concessionary parking permit?

These special parking permits allow each household to park one vehicle free of charge at any council car park 8am-11am and 4pm-6pm every day, Monday to Saturday and all day on Sundays.

Valid from 1 April 2016 to 31 March 2018, ONE permit will be issued to each household with your Council Tax bill and can be swapped between householder vehicles as needed.

One residents' pass is issued to each household with the council tax bills every two years and to any new residents that move to the area in the interim period. A period of three months is given for residents to claim a permit free of charge if it was not included with the Council Tax bill, once this time has elapsed a charge of £10 is required to cover the printing, postage and administration of the scheme.

New Permits - 1st April 2018

From the 1st April 2018 your new permit will need to be displayed in your car and the previous permit will become invalid. Displaying the old permit after 31st March 2018 will not allow discretionary parking and you may receive a parking ticket if you are deemed to be parking illegally.

The new permits are valid from 1st April 2018 - 31st March 2020.

The new permits allow residents to park free in any High Peak Borough Council run car parks throughout the borough during the following times:-

8.00am - 12.00pm Monday to Saturday

3.00pm - 6.00pm Monday to Saturday

All day on Sundays

What happens if I lose my parking permit?

You will need to contact us for a replacement. If a replacement is agreed there will be a £10 charge.

Additional resident parking schemes

For some Glossop residents, there is also a concessionary resident parking permit available for our Edward Street car park. This is available to house numbers 12 to 64, Edward Street and 44 Arundel Street - 2 per household on request (you must be living in the property)