Show mobile menu
Show search control
Show search control
Search Site

Universal Credit

Please note** Residents in the Hope Valley area or anyone with a Sheffield postcode will not need to apply for Universal Credit from the Department for Work and Pensions until November 2018.

To apply for Universal Credit you must apply online direct to the Department for Work and Pensions.

Apply for Universal Credit

You can also claim Council Tax Reduction whilst on Universal Credit, however this must be done via High Peak Borough Council.


How to claim

Information on how to claim Universal Credit and what to do if you also need Council Tax Support

Help and advice

Information on organisations that can help you with universal credit, benefit applications, job search support and money management

Who to contact

You may need to contact different people with regards to your benefits - find out who to contact here

Does it affect me?

Find out information on how Universal Credit may affect you

Am I eligible?

You may be able to get Universal Credit if you're on a low income or out of work

What you need to get UC ready

Find out what information you will need to apply for Universal Credit