Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility

Victoria Hall

Find out more about the Victoria Hall including heritage information, costs, building plans and current state photographs

Victoria Hall was donated to Glossop by Herbert Rhodes and Edward Partington and was intended to provide a free library, museum, art school and a venue for educational public lectures.

The Hall is held in trust for charitable purposes by the Council. This means that although the Council owns the land, it must act in the best interests of the charity and use the hall in accordance with the principal intentions of the trust, these being to use the building as a library and public hall for the benefit of the public.

For many years the ground floor has been used by Derbyshire County Council as a public library with the basement being used by a youth group and the upper floor as a public hall used by a number of community groups. The upper floor closed in recent years due to accessibility issues. Derbyshire County Council has decided to relocate the library leaving the building virtually empty and the Borough Council looking for new uses.

HPBC Summary Condition Report August 2014 (£ retracted detail) [68KB]

HPBC Commissioned Condition Survey 2014 [269KB]

HPBC Commissioned Structural Survey 2014 [1MB]

HPBC Commissioned Mechanical and Electrical Survey 2014 [157KB]

An extract of the Conveyance detailing the trust [15KB]

History of Victoria Hall - Joseph Dempsey Doyle 1954 [57KB]

Condition Survey Costings - March 2012 [44KB]

Photographs 2012 - showing current condition [402KB]

Plan - Basement  [55KB]

Plan - First Floor [69KB]

Plan - Ground Floor [61KB]