Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

I claim Housing Benefit / Council Tax reduction and I'm moving house, what do I need to do?

The best way to report a change of address is through our High Peak 'My Account' service. Simply click on the button below to register; you will then be able to view any future bills or documents online. If you already have an account with us, you can also log in here. Once registered, please go to the 'Submit a Request' section and go to the Benefits - change in circumstance form.

Please note: You will not be able to view benefits or council tax documents online until you have been issued with a reference number. You should receive this within 21 working days of submitting a request to us.

To report a change without an account, click on the button below. Please note that you won't be able to view bills online if you choose this method. 

Once this form has been completed, it will be sent to the benefits team, and we will let you know if your entitlement will change. We'll also update your council tax account, and send you a new bill.

Registering to vote

You will also need to register to vote at your new address. Every person in the household must do this using the GOV.UK website.

If you don't do this, you won't be put onto the Electoral register at your new address, and won't be able to vote in upcoming elections.