Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

Advice for vulnerable people

During the Coronavirus pandemic any vulnerable resident who needs support with food, household essentials or prescriptions can call the Council for advice on 0345 129 7777.

For community support choose the first option on the telephone menu by pressing the # key on your telephone.

If you have received one of the 1.5 million letters distributed by the NHS to classify you as "extremely vulnerable" please follow the advice in the letter and either call 0800 0288327 or register on-line at

If you have not yet registered for support please make sure you do. We can help you to register if you are having difficulty by calling 0345 129 7777.

If you are not part of the NHS Scheme and require support that cannot be provided by friends and family then please register your details with the Community Response Unit.

Advice on how to get assistance with foods and medicines if you are shielding.

Ask family, friends and neighbours to support you and use online services. If this is not possible, then the public sector, business, charities and the general public are gearing up to help those advised to stay at home. Please discuss your daily needs during this period of staying at home with carers, family, friends, neighbours or local community groups to see how they can support you.

Please visit to register for the support that you need. This includes help with food, shopping deliveries and additional care you
might need.

The government is helping pharmacies to deliver prescriptions. Prescriptions will continue to cover the same length of time as usual. If you do not currently have your prescriptions collected or delivered, you can arrange this by:

1. Asking someone who can pick up your prescription from the local pharmacy (this is the best option, if possible).
2. Contacting your pharmacy to ask them to help you find a volunteer (who will have been ID checked) or deliver it to you. You may also need to arrange for collection or delivery of hospital specialist medication that is prescribed to you by your hospital care

If you receive support from health and social care organisations, for example, if you have care provided for you through the local authority or health care system. Your health or social care provider will be asked to take additional precautions to make sure that you are protected.

Community Response Unit

Derbyshire County Council have launched a Community Response Unit for members of the community that require assistance and don't have friends or family able to help or those that wish to volunteer.

High Peak CVS have also been trying to collate the numerous services/community groups/initiatives that are available to people during the COVID-19 situation so that we can all easily support and refer as appropriate. This is by no means an easy task, they have put together information on their website for public information

Coronavirus Support Groups Map

We've created a map for people to use which shows the nearest support group to your address. Simply put your address in the box and select it from the list. Once you do this it will automatically show you the three closest groups to your location.

If you need help with this please call 0345 129 7777.

*Please note this map is updated as soon as possible. However we are not responsible for the information displayed on the individual groups websites and social media profiles.

Mental and Physical Wellbeing

Mental Healthcare Derbyshire have set a helpline to support people who are having mental health issues. You don't need to be known to services and it's running from 9am - midnight. Call 03007900596 and check out their website for more information

Looking after our mental and physical health is really important. As a result we've put together a web page to collate helpful advice, links and information to help you look after yourself.