Bins are emptied on an alternate week cycle. In most cases your brown bin, green lidded bin, box and red bag are emptied one week and your black bin the following week.
In June each year we deliver a calendar to every house. It will show the collections for your address.
Help us to empty your bins
- Check your calendar to find out which bin should be put out
- Put your bins out by 6am on your collection day making sure they are visible at the boundary where your property meets the pavement
- Make sure your bin lids are fully closed
- Don't leave any extra bags of rubbish next to your bins
- We don't empty bins or boxes containing incorrect materials
- Don't overfill your bins - if you or we cannot move it the vehicle will be unable to lift it
- Return your bins and box to your property as soon as possible after emptying
- Don't report a missed bin until after 4pm on collection day
- Report a missed bin in 2 working days or we won't be able to come back until the next scheduled collection
- Houses not suited to bins can have different containers
- If you have difficulty putting your bins out we offer an assisted collection service
- If bad weather makes it difficult or dangerous for collections to be made our daily collection report will keep you up to date
- If you operate a business from your home e.g. B&B you must have separate collections for business waste and recycling