Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

Street furniture

Street name plates

We look after street name plates for adopted roads in the area. We do not provide or maintain name plates for private or unadopted roads. A developer has to provide the name plate for a new road before it can be adopted.

Litter bins

Please use our litter bins to dispose of bagged dog waste and any other litter you create while you are out and about.  It is against the law to use litter bins to throw away general rubbish from your home. If you are caught you may receive a fine.

Report a problem to the team who look after where the bin is

Seats and benches

We provide and look after seats and benches in our parks and cemeteries. We also look after roadside benches for Derbyshire County Council but you will need to contact DCC to request a new bench by the roadside.

To request a new memorial bench from please complete our online form.

If you spot a broken bench please report it online.

Other benches are the responsibility of your town or parish council.


We provide and look after some permanent and seasonal flower displays and hanging baskets. Others are provided by your town or parish council.
Contact us if you are interested in sponsoring a flower display, hanging basket or roundabout.

Railings, bollards and lamp posts

We look after railings, bollards lamp posts and signs in our parks and open spaces.

Bus shelters

We look after some bus shelters, Derbyshire County Council are responsible for some and others may belong to your parish council.

We provide an annual power wash, weeding and weed spray for the shelters we look after.

Contact us to report a damaged bus shelter.

Street lights, road signs and highway problems

Derbyshire County Council look after street lighting, road signs as well as road and pavement surfaces.

Road gullies (road drains)

We empty gullies (road drains) on behalf of Derbyshire County Council. 
The cleaning schedule is arranged by DCC but most are visited once or twice a year depending on the category of the road.
If you see a drain blocked with leaves and debris when it's raining, if possible, please clear the grid to allow the water to flow and prevent local flooding. 

Contact us to report a problem with gullies.